Sunday, March 25, 2007

Zabaione

When Jorge was here last weekend, I decided to make zabaione as dessert for our welcome dinner. So I'll post a specific recipe for it here.. Also because I found a slight variation on the recipe that I mentioned earlier, and this was even better.
Zabaione
(For ~4 people)
In a small pot mix 5 egg yolks and 1 egg white, with 3 tbsp sugar and 1/4 to 1/2 cup marsala (up to you). Beat with a whisk or with electric beaters. Put on _very_ low heat and continue whipping until it becomes fluffy and dense. It shouldn't boil. Remove from heat and serve with fruit or cookies. 'Torcetti' would be the best cookies, but here I found these 'Ventagli' that went very well too :)
This version, with the egg white, was even more fluffy than the other recipe (although the other one is the really traditional one). This cream is an absolute delight, you must try it. Some people serve it cold, mixed with whipped cream. Warm is best in my humble opinion, though.

No comments: