Saturday, January 21, 2006

Children of Heaven

I will open my movie suggestion section with this movie that I watched yesterday while I was laying semi-sick on the couch..
Vlasta suggested this movie to us, and Lucas gave me permission to watch it even in his absence.

It's the cutest movie I've seen in a while. It's set in Iran, and it's about a boy and a girl, about 10 and 6 years old, and how they manage to share one pair of shoes without having to tell their parents that the boy lost his sister's shoes.
Now, said like that, it seems really stupid. Instead, the movie has a lot of very poetic scenes, and shows the contrasts of the Iranian society through the eyes of the children.

I really loved the movie, and I strongly recommend it to everyone who likes poetry and beauty. I'll try to keep an eye on Iranian filmaker Majid Majidi from now on.

No comments: