Sunday, January 22, 2006

Breakfast after Mass

It's Sunday, and I really like to go to the 9 am Mass at the Dogget Center, here in Raleigh.
I'll post also something more serious about it later, but for now, I wanted to tell about this funny thing.
Usually someone brings some food after the Mass, to share together with a cup of coffee or juice. I like this friendly moment of the day, so yesterday I decided to contribute and I made a cake to bring. I had some sort of All Bran cereals that I don't like too much, and I already tried to make a cake out of them, following a recipe that I found on Kellog's website. Since it turned out quite good, I decided to try another one, again from that website.
The cake was the Pineapple Upside Down Cake:

(Ok, the picture is not great).
Anyway, everyone liked it.. and found it very 'different' from the other types of cakes that usually people bring.. in fact, it was not as sweet as the typical American cakes. So, they all asked me if it was some sort of family recipe that I brought from Italy!! It was quite amusing to tell them where I found the recipe..

No comments: