Saturday, August 11, 2007

Berkeley Botanical Garden

When we went to see the Titanus, we also visited a large part of the Botanical Garden. Apparently it's the second largest in the US! It's really nice, with plants really from all over the world. One of the most impressive sections is that of cactuses and such.
They have thousands of them in several greenhouses, with shapes that I never saw even in movies:
And outside, huge ones:Some of them were flowering:
On top of the hill, there are the European plants, and the 'garden of old roses', with plants from the XIX century! Here are some flowering daliae:
There is also a Japanese garden, with a peaceful and beautiful small lake, with water lillies. This was one of our favorite places.
So, if you're around Berkeley, this is a nice place to visit. There are also picnic tables here and there. It's free for affiliated of UC Berkeley and Lawrence Hall of Science... I'm going to come here more often!

2 comments:

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

So pretty !
Thanks for posting this beauty !
I love gardens, gardening.. [I have a small window garden now.. :-)]

chemcookit said...

Thanks, Chanit! I _love_ plants.
And thanks for all the great recipes you always post on your blog.. I finally got to post the Ciabatta with olive bread that I saw on your website (see next post).