Sunday, January 28, 2007

Cene da single per tutta la settimana - pesce azzurro con capperi e pomodorini

I haven't learnt how to cook for a single person yet. Anytime I make dinner for myself it ends up being enough for almost all the meals of the week.. which is good and bad at the same time.. luckily though so far I managed to make pretty good one-week-long-dinners so I'll show you some of them in the next few posts.
Let's start with one week ago, when I made some bluefish with capers and tomatoes
Pesce azzurro con capperi e pomodorini
I bought a one-pound piece of bluefish at Whole Foods Market. It wasn't too expensive, I guess because it had a few bones in it and Americans don't like fish with bones in?? :) Anyway, then I covered it with some flour on each side, heated up a little bit of olive oil, and I cooked the fish in it for ~5 minutes on each side. In the last 2-3 minutes I added some capers with their vinegar and some small tomatoes, cut in half, on top.
It was really good, I was quite happy, and it's really fast to make. Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!

No comments: