Thursday, February 01, 2007

Una cena salutare con Crissy - zuppa di ceci

Crissy and I have been having at least one 'healthy dinner' together per week. We make something simple, just for the fun of being together, without any stress.
So last week, I thought that we could make a chickpea, potato and pasta soup, and a salad, because it was all stuff that I had at home. I already described my typical salads, with finely cut cabbage, tomatoes, tuna and capers, dressed with vinegar and olive oil and salt. I will explain a little bit more about the soup, because it was very good.
Zuppa di ceci (Chickpea soup)
Finely cut one small onion, and saute it in a little olive oil. Cut 3 potatoes into cubes and add them in the pan. Add salt to taste. Saute for 5 minutes. Add 2 cans of chickpeas with their water, and add ~2 cups water. Let cook for 10 minutes. With the water boiling, add pasta (in this case, I added 1/2 pound lasagna pasta, which I broke roughly into pieces, to simulate 'maltagliati', a type of Italian pasta, the name of which means 'badly cut'). Add some salt for the pasta. Cook until pasta is done, add one more tbsp olive oil and some pepper, and if you like, grate some parmigiano cheese on it.
Eat hot.. delicious!
Note: you can add more or less water depending on how thick you want your soup to be.

No comments: