Sunday, March 01, 2009

Qualche esempio tratto dalle mie cene del mese...

The second and last post of the month that just ended is meant to show you some pictures of the food that Matt prepared for me in the past evenings. I take pictures of almost every dish he makes, with the idea of posting a recipe for it at some point, and I never have time to do it. So here is a collection of a few pictures, just to show you the terrible life I have to deal with.

Thai green curry with eggplants and chicken. The green curry is made with a mix of galan-galan, shallots, green chillies, coriander seeds, shrimp paste, lemongrass, and fish oil.. a true delight. He made a lot of it, and froze some for later use. Good idea.

This is ground pork cooked with a lot of Sichuan pepper corns, served with baby bok choi. Did you ever try Sichuan pepper corns? They don't taste anything like pepper: instead, they have a lemony flavor and they make your tongue numb if you chew on them. They are used in the '5-spice' Chinese mix.

This was an Indian-style lamb curry, with tomatoes and red bell peppers, inspired by what we had the night before at an Indian restaurant. It came out amazingly well, not sure which dish would win in the comparison with the restaurant food.

Last for this small series are the dumplings that he prepared one evening -- and for once I can say that I did at least help make the dough.. They look as good as they tasted. :)

I have a lot more pictures, but I'm hoping to have time to post at least some of the recipes for the other dishes. If you're wondering if I have completely stopped cooking, the answer is for now, almost yes! I think at some point the Chef will allow me to make something.. we'll see :) -- for now, I just prepare presentations for job interviews. Not as tasty, but hopefully, they look good. :)

5 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What great dishes! Really appetizing and scrumptious looking!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

I'm looking at the dumplings :) I could eat a bunch of those!

Buon viaggio. said...

There are not enough words to express how envious I am.
Everything looks fantastic.

Lori Lynn said...

The dumplings with all those green vegetables are calling me!
LL

fasuin said...

Da una che non riusciva a mettere il sale nella insalata senza riempire la tovaglia, non e' male. Un saluto dal cugino in visita sul sito!