Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fresh Produce of the Month - Roundup and announcement!

At last, after delaying the deadline and some more days of non-blogging, I can announce that the Fresh Produce of the Month Roundup is ready!
The subject was asparagus, and we have collected a good number of delicious ideas that can help you cook this delicious vegetable.

Let's start with Shibani, from 'Any one can cook'. She presents to us a wonderful dish called 'Asparagus stalks blended into a creamy soup'. Reading about this soup, served with bread and cheddar cheese, just makes me salivate. :)






Divya at Dil Se proposes a similar asparagus soup, accompanied by breadsticks. She makes the breadsticks too, and gives us a recipe for both soup and breadsticks! Thanks Divya :)






Then we have Asha, at Aroma!, who introduces us to 'Crunchy asparagus in chilli-garlic butter'. It's an amazing dish, which looks really simple and is prepared in the microwave!






Happy Cook from 'My kitchen treasures' prepares another wonderful Asparagus soup, with white asparagus, decorated with parsley leaves. I'd love to try this version too!












A special mention is to be given to my friend Sonya! She doesn't have a blog, and she just recently started cooking. She has prepared an Asparagus risotto. She didn't give me too many details about how she's made it, so I'm going to guess :) I'd think she has used something similar to this recipe for cabbage and brie cheese risotto, but instead of adding cabbage with the onion, she has waited till ~10 min to the end of the cooking and she has added asparagus pieces to it.



Bee and Jai at Jugalbandi gave us a recipe for 'Roasted Asparagus, Carrots, and Zucchini with Herbs'. It looks so colorful and delicious! And also, easy to make, which is the best combination. :)








Bhags at 'Crazy curries' presented another 'Asparagus risotto', prepared with wine and feta cheese in addition to the asparagus! Looks delicious, thanks Bhags!








And at last, my two contributions past the initial deadline: 'Tortine di asparagi e feta'







and 'Asparagi olio e limone' . The former recipe is an improvisation of a Sunday morning, whereas the latter is a classic, one of my favorite ways of serving asparagus.






So, we arrived at the end of this edition, too! I hope you are satisfied with it, and have some good inspiration for your next asparagus-centered dish! I really liked to read and summarize all of these delicacies. :)

For the next event, I believe we cannot miss the fact that strawberry season is starting!!! Who doesn't like strawberries? And they are a good source of vitamin C! So, let's see what kind of wonderful recipes everybody likes to try with this delicious fruit. :) The deadline will be July 21!

(strawberry picture given by Sonya!)

If you'd like to participate, follow these simple rules:
1) Put a post on your blog with a recipe involving strawberries. Add a link to this post on my blog and mention that it's an entry for the 'Fresh produce of the month' event. If you like it, feel free to place the logo of the strawberry-centered event on your post.
2) Send me an email with a link to your post, your blog homepage and your name. My email address is chemcookitATgmailDOTcom. Specify 'Fresh produce of the month: Strawberries' as subject.
3) If you don't have a blog just send me an email with your recipe and if you have a picture of the food you made, that's even better. I will add it to the round-up as well.

4 comments:

Finla said...

I am in for strawberries.

FH said...

Wonderful round up Marta, looks great!
Love Strawberry but unfortunately I will be on blog break for a while, won't be able to contribute. But will check in the round up. Enjoy!:))

Simona Carini said...

I won't miss it this time. And I will make something special. ;)

bee said...

thank you, dear marta.