Sunday, July 29, 2007

Albicocche

The 'Fresh produce of the month' theme is now Apricot.. so in the past few weeks I made a few desserts using apricots. I'll post here about the best two I prepared. The first was one of the tartes that I made for my birthday.. The type that I like best! The latter is a drink that I made as a nice refreshing dessert to welcome Lucas when he came back from his trip in Italy.
Crostata di frutti di bosco e albicocche / Berry and Apricot crostata
I already posted how to make crostata with fruit last year - as I said, it's the dessert that I like to make for my birthday.. :) So you can read the recipe here. This year, I added some marsala to the cream, to give it a new hint. :) On top, I put my favorite summer fruits: strawberries, blueberries and apricots (and a few pieces of nectarines). I loved it, and so did the other guests. :)

Frappe' all'albicocca / Apricot frappe'
Frappe' is a drink similar to a milk shake, and can be made with almost anything that you can think of. I wanted to make something a bit different, and so I combined apricots, almonds, yogurt and rum, and I used maple syrup instead of sugar, to sweeten!
To make it yourself, blend 10 ripe apricots, 1 cup yogurt, 10 almonds, 1 tbsp Bourbon, 1/4 cup maple syrup, and ice. Serve with a slice of apricot imitating a lemon and with twirls of maple syrup on top.

This Frappe' is going to be my entry for my own 'Fresh Produce of the Month' event! The deadline has been postponed till next weekend, so please submit more entries!

No comments: