Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Marmellata di pesche

I already mentioned that I stopped having cereals for breakfast - so now I have healthy homemade bread and homemade jam with my tea and milk... unless there is some crostata or any other sweet bread or cookies leftover. :)
Peaches are in season now, and I like them. So why not make a peach jam?

Marmellata di pesche (Peach jam)
It's super simple: pit and cut the peaches in small chunks. Add as much sugar as you want, in an amount varying to half to the same weight of the peaches you are using. I don't like too sweet things, so I was closer to the lower limit. Put the peach and sugar mixture in a pot on low heat and let cook covered for ~2 hrs, or until thick enough. I added a sprinkle of cinnamon for flavor, while the peaches were cooking. Blend with an immersion blender to make homogenous. I like to leave a few pieces in, though.

In the picture, the jam is served on my homemade oat and rye flour bread. I promised the recipe of this bread to Amit a long time ago, so I'll finally write it in the next post!

No comments: