Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Brighton beach

I haven't blogged in a long time, I know.. I was out of town for work! Again at the Synchrotron, in Brookhaven NY.
This time we didn't have a lot of time to do many fun things, since we were working an average of 13 hours per day. Still, on our way back, we stopped at Brighton Beach, NY. Alina suggested this stop, since she had been there already, and she wanted to show it to me and Crissy. It's a Little Russia in NY. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera, but I found some pictures on webshots.com.
As you can see, everything is in Russian:
(picture taken by kurrte86)
We stayed there for about two hours, and we had a really good lunch at 'Tatiana grill'.. The most amazing thing, for me, was a chicken leg stuffed with rice, mushrooms, crusted with bread and covered with blackberry sauce. Unforgettable! Also, it was nice to enter one of the small shops on the road, and buy some typical Russian products, and get wonderful 'Piroski' from a bakery, as our dinner on the way back!
I guess not many people know what Piroski are.. so for your curiosity I found this picture online:
(from ruski-ekspres.com)
They are stuffed buttery breads, really good. We had three types: meat, cabbage and cherry (sweet). I loved the cabbage ones :)
You can see some interesting pictures of people and places at Brighton beach (included the front of the restaurant where we had) from giophoto.

No comments: